Thursday, September 6, 2007

Labor Day Weekend


My dad's family and a family that he grew up with have been going to Western Hills in Wagoner, Oklahoma for Labor Day weekend since 1970. What started out as two families has grown to eight families as everyone got married and had children. Western Hills is a lakeside resort complete with a lodge (where we stayed), cabins, campground, pool, tennis courts, hiking trails, horseback riding, golf course, and so much more! I always looked forward to going as a kid. I took friends or roommates with me when I was in high school and college. After I graduated from college, I wasn't able to go for five years. With my husband being in the ministry, he "works" on Sundays and we weren't able to make the trip. Last year my parents took Bailey. This year we all got to go. It was great to share my childhood memories with Judd and see Bailey do the very things I did there when I was little.

Judd and I went horseback riding - something we had never done together. Bailey attempted to ride a pony, but was less than thrilled about it!



2 comments:

kjds said...

clearly she was not ok with the pony ride! i love the pics ... she is precious!

kjds said...

clearly she was not ok with the pony ride! i love the pics ... she is precious!