
Judd and I lived in San Antonio for 4 years. (Judd actually lived there 5 1/2 years.) San Antonio is a great place to live and since we moved, I haven't thought much about good ole SA until recently. I've been reflecting on how much fun it was to live there and start our married life in such a fun city. Here are a few of my favorite things about the Alamo city. (Notice how many have to do with food!)
In no particular order:
1. Our first apartment and our first house!
2. Alamo Cafe - the best tortillas and queso ever...and enchiladas verdes...yummmm
3. Sea World - we had season tickets before Bailey was born!
4. BARNES AND NOBLE - we went to read and drink coffee at least once a week even after Bailey came along. Now the closest one is probably 45 miles away...bummer
5. La Cantera - swanky outdoor shopping center
6. Clear Springs Cafe - a rugged seafood place that has amazing onion rings
7. Clear Spring Elementary -my first teaching job and where I spent four years investing in kids' lives and making amazing friends that I miss dearly.
8. The Riverwalk - we only went when we had friends or family in town, but it's beautiful and home to some good Mexican food
9. San Antonio Spurs - it took me a while to buy into the Spurs, but now I'm a fan. Who are the Rockets anyway?
10. Fiesta - I was just starting to understand what this is and why we got a day off of school for it
11. The fact that there was a Wal-Mart, Target, mall, and every other convienance within 10 minutes of my house
12. Bailey's baby-sitter - Mrs. Kim was awesome and she lived in our neighborhood...until she moved 20 minutes away
13. North Star Mall - we would go walk around the mall often having no intention of actually shopping
14. HEB - they are everywhere in SA, not so much here
15. Breakfast tacos - it's a breakfast staple in SA





2 comments:
OK, so we were in SA on Friday night, and I have to say that this Boudro's Texas bistro on the river was totally awesome!!!! Just another possibility to add to the list.
Along with the Alamo Cafe fajitas.
We miss you here in San Antonio!!!
Post a Comment