Bailey started swimming lessons this week at the YMCA. This is her first time to take swimming lessons so we're excited about what she will learn. Here's a rundown of the first three days.
Day 1 - Judd took Bailey to her first swimming lesson because I just knew that she would be more willing to leave him to join a stranger in a swimming pool than me. She's just a momma's girl. We were right. She went right to her instructor and got in the water! At one point during the lesson, they were putting their faces in the water. Bailey said, "I can go under. My daddy taught me." Then she went all the way under the water. We're so proud!
Day 2 - I took Bailey on Tuesday and she was a little more hesistant to leave me to go to the pool, but she did it. She listened to everything the instructors said and tried everything they asked.
Day 3 - Distaster. Bailey started crying as soon as we set our stuff down. She did NOT want to go to the pool. No amount of threatening or bribery worked. I finally drug her (dragged her?) to the side of the pool and left her there with the instructors. She cried for about half of the lesson then just sat there and did nothing. While the other kids participated, she sat on the edge and watched. AHH! She FINALLY started to participate in the last five minutes. We had a long talk on the way home about it and we're hoping tomorrow will be better. When I asked her why she cried, she said, "I just wanted you." So sweet, but seriously????
Here are some pictures from Day 2:
They are making "scoops"
Practicing "scooping" and kicking
Campbell had fun watching his sister!
(Yes, that's a Common Grounds shirt!)
Update: Day 4 was a success! Bailey picked out a prize at Target the night before with the understanding that she could only have it if she did not cry and listened to her teacher at swimming lessons. We are not above bribery around here! Bailey was so proud of herself for being a big girl and earning her prize!





1 comment:
I miss that common grounds! Looks like a cool place to take swim lessons! Fun!
Post a Comment