I know I haven't posted much of anything lately so here's a tidbit of what we've been up to:
Our church kicked off our Upward flag football and cheerleading program with the first set of games at the end of September. It has been amazing to see over a hundred people from our community gathered on a field across the street from our church. I'm so excited for what God is going to do through this ministry opportunity!
We've been watching the Biggest Loser. I think this is one of my favorite shows on TV. I am especially liking this season because one of the contestants, Abby Rike, is from my hometown. I cannot watch a single epispode of this show without crying. It's just impossible.
October has been very busy for us. At the beginning of the month, I went home for First Monday with a friend. We went to Dallas last weekend to go to the Fair and see Mary Poppins the musical. Judd left this morning for a "retreat" and will be back on Saturday just in time to go to Dewberry Farm. Next weekend we're going to Baylor Homecoming and then the last weekend in October is Judd's birthday and Halloween. Whew! I'm exhausted just thinking about it!
I cannot wait to dress the kids up in their Halloween costumes! They are soooo cute!
Thankfully, the kids have stayed well, but Judd and I have both battled illness this month. I had a sinus infection then Judd had one. Yesterday Judd was sick with a stomach bug and I have pink eye and another sinus infection. Fun stuff. At least it's not the flu.
I am reading the Redemption series by Karen Kingsbury. I just finished the first book and started the second. I love her books!
Our dryer quit this week. That was fun especially because I had a load of laundry in the washer. I'm becomming a pro at hanging clothes to dry. Have you ever had to air-dry socks or underwear? Someone is going to come look at it on Monday. Here's to hoping it won't cost a fortune or that I won't need to wash anything until then. We really don't want to have to buy a new dryer!
That's it for now. Maybe next time I'll have some pictures of the kids.





1 comment:
Ugh! Dryer stress! I've had to do that twice in the last 6 months. I feel for ya. Crunchy towels and undies are not nice to put on. Hope it gets fixed soon and ya'll feel better!
Post a Comment