Monday, February 15, 2010

Dear John

Today I did something I've never done before. I went to a movie by myself. I never thought that was something that I could or would ever do. I had the day off thanks to President's Day, but still took the kids to school. I needed to grade some papers, work on my Bible study (I'm doing Esther and loving it), and read my book for book club so I planned to camp out at Starbucks for the majority of the day. Just before leaving, I remembered that all of AMC's movies before noon are only $5. I have wanted to see Dear John, but we just don't go to the movies very often. After you pay a million dollars to see the movie and then pay a babysitter too, it makes for a very expensive night out. Red Box has been a great solution for our budget! Anyway, I decided that if I ever wanted to see the movie, I may as well go even if it meant going by myself. I have to admit it wasn't that bad - probably because it was 10:20 AM and not many people were there! No one sat on the same row as me though. They probably thought I was some kind of crazy lady sitting by myself! I enjoyed myself and I would do it again. You should try it sometime.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Good for you! I saw the movie last weekend and loved it, but I haven't met a Nickolas Sparks movie/book that I haven't enjoyed.