Saturday, April 17, 2010

Lately

You'll have to excuse my blogging absence lately. Here's what we've been up to:

  • Judd had surgery last week. He had to have a hernia repair. The surgery part came about quite quickly. He went to the family doctor on Monday, the surgeon on Wednesday, and had surgery on Thursday. It was day surgery, but he was still put under general anesthesia. His parents came into town Thursday evening to help out with the kids and keep an eye on our patient so that I could go back to work on Friday. It seemed like Judd was recovering well and without any pain. The pain meds were doing their job! He stopped taking them on Saturday morning, but then had an allergic reaction that lasted until the end of the following week. He has had to "take it easy" and can't do any heavy lifting, which means he can't hold Campbell. He will see the surgeon again on Monday so we'll see how long that will last.
  • Because Judd couldn't lift Campbell, I have had to take the kids to school all week. Judd usually does that and I don't envy him one bit. He is awesome to get them up, dressed, fed, and out the door on time every morning. I tried to be efficient by making my lunch the night before, pick out everyone's clothes the night before, taking a bath the night before, etc. I even set the delay on the coffee pot the night before. By Wednesday night though, I made coffee at 10:00 PM instead of pushing the delay button. I was worn out! We survived though and we all got to school on time every single day! (You don't know how big of a deal that is - I'm always running late!)
  • I'm in a book club with some ladies from school. Our latest book was The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I highly recommend it!
  • In other news...I will be switching schools next year (same district.) My current school's enrollment has dropped and we're losing five positions. Because I was one of the last five hired (two years ago!), I had to go. I knew that I would have a job in the district, but didn't know where or what I would be teaching. The week before Spring Break was very stressful. I had to go through the interview process and had three interviews in two days that week. Thankfully, I had an offer before the week was over. It all worked out perfectly because my new school is about 10 minutes closer to home. It's actually THE CLOSEST school in the district to my town. (I don't teach in the town where I live.) One of the girls I have taught with for the last two years will be going to the same school and we will both be teaching fourth grade language arts again! AND, I will get to throw away all of my maroon shirts (current school color) for green and gold ones (new school color)!!!! It was meant to be!
  • I'll end with a Bailey-ism: On Sunday after church Bailey said, "I just want to hurry up and be a grown up. I don't want to be a kid anymore. But I still want to be your baby girl. And I still want to be this tall."

No comments: