Tuesday, January 4, 2011

eight

In honor of our EIGHTH year of marriage, here are eight things you might not know about us:

1. We have never been camping together. Now that I'm confessing that, I'm afraid my Eagle Scout husband is going to expect me to sleep in a tent. I don't know how I feel about that.

2. We LOVE to eat out. We agree that there is just something about the dining out experience that we just love.

3. We have been to NYC together twice. Once on our honeymoon and once two years later with Judd's parents, sister, and brother-in-law. Judd would go again in a heartbeat. I would rather go somewhere we haven't been before.

4. We LOVE movies. In our dating and pre-kids days we went to the movie theater all the time. Like every weekend. And sometimes during the week as well. Now we rely on Red Box movies after the kids have gone to bed!

5. We have only had a total of three vehicles in the eight years we have been married. Judd had a Ford Taurus when we got married and kept it until the engine blew up a few years later. We still have the Stratus that he got to replace it with. We bought a Ford Explorer during the first year we were married and we still have that as well.

6. We are Dave Ramsey fans. We do "the envelope system" for all of our purchases for groceries, gas, entertainment, etc. which means we use cash only. We are also "snowballing" through our debt and will be debt-free of everything but the house in 2011! We're "living like no one else so we can live like no one else!"

7. My first memory of Judd was on the high school tennis team. We were playing a game of pin ball (a cool game to practice shots at the net) and Judd smacked me in the forehead with a ball. It knocked me to the ground! That was about six months before we actually started dating, but I do believe it was the beginning of a crush!

8. We are high school sweethearts and have been together for a total of 15 years. You probably already knew that though...

Happy 8th Anniversary!

No comments: