This afternoon, I picked Campbell up from school and was told that he had to go to the office today. I was shocked! Both of our children have always been very well behaved at school. (The way they act at home is a whole other story!) His teacher said that he was choking another child and when she told him to stop, Campbell threw himself on the floor and cried for his Daddy. They ended up taking him up to the office until he calmed down.
When we got home, I talked to Campbell about what happened. He was upset that he was in trouble, but assured me that he would not choke his friend again. I told him he also had to say "yes ma'am" to his teacher if she tells him "no" or to stop.
Parenting is hard. The whole thing just made me sad. Sad about the choices that he made, sad that he got in trouble (even though it was deserved), and sad that he was sad for getting in trouble. I am hoping he has learned his lesson and we won't be faced with being sent to the office again!





No comments:
Post a Comment