Monday, May 11, 2009

First Birthday

Campbell Clark,
As I sit here on the eve of your birthday, I cannot believe how fast time has flown.  On one hand, it seems like only yesterday that I celebrated Mother's Day 2008 in anticipation of our baby that would be born the next day.  I remember not sleeping at all the night before.  I was so excited to meet my baby boy.  I remember the first time I saw you and love filled my heart for you.  I remember bringing you home and starting our life as a family of four.  I remember (but don't miss) getting up multiple times during the night to feed you.  I remember Bailey calling you "Baby Brother" instead of your name.  I treasure all of the memories I have of your first days, weeks, and months. On the other hand, it feels like you have always been a part of our family.  Somehow I cannot even remember what life was like without you.  You are such a joy to us.  Your smile and dark eyes just make my heart melt!  You are truly a blessing from the Lord and we are so thankful for you.  

Happy Birthday, baby boy!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday, Campbell!!! We love you!