Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Kid-less

The week we all got back from camp, I had to go to a two day workshop for work.  My mom graciously agreed to come down and watch the kids for us.  She was already planning on taking Bailey home with her because she and my dad got tickets to take her to see Dora Live!   Our good friend Kelly Carter was getting married that weekend so Mom took Campbell home with her too so that Judd and I could go to the wedding in Austin.  So, Mom left with the kids on Thursday and kept them until Sunday when Judd's mom picked them up.  Then she and Calie would bring them home on Tuesday.  Five nights and six days without our kids.  We've never both been away from them at the same time and I've never been away from Campbell for that long.  I knew they would have a great time with their grandparents and we certainly took advantage of our time alone.  Here are a few things that we did while kid-less:
  • took long naps
  • watched lots of movies
  • went to Austin for Kelly's wedding
  • had coffee with the bezners
  • went to Waco on our way home from Austin.  yes, it was out of the way, but so worth it! we went to the baylor bookstore, common gounds, hearts & crafts, and spice!
  • went shopping - leisurely!
  • went out to eat without kids
We had a great time together.  It was really good for us to have that time to ourselves.  I'm not going to lie though, I was so ready for them to be home by Sunday!

Unfortunately, I charged my camera battery before the wedding and forgot to put the battery back in my camera so I didn't get to take any pictures at the wedding.  Bummer!  Here are some that Julie sent me.  



No comments: