Thursday, December 31, 2009

ICE

On Tuesday after Christmas, we headed to Grapevine with Nonnie, Bubba and the Englands. Our first stop was the Gaylord Texan to see ICE! It was an ice exhibit of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." I have to admit that I had never read the Dr. Seuss book or seen the movie until this year. Since the Grinch was a negative character, I never really cared to see or read it. Bailey has the book and wanted to read it so she and I read it quite a few times during the month of December and I actually liked the story! Then we watched the movie together and loved that too. We enjoyed seeing the story come to life in ICE! It was amazing that everything was made out of ice and was in color! It was a frigid 9 degrees, but we bundled up in the huge blue parkas they gave us and had a good time.

Our crew



Even Cam had a parka - it was huge on him!

Bailey & Beau - silly girls





Nonnie coming down the ice slide!

Bailey on the ice slide!





At the end of the Grinch exhibit, they had a beautiful nativity.

close up of Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus

beautiful angel

Campbell was d-o-n-e!

Afterward, we spent some time walking around the Gaylord.
There were lots of photo ops. The Gaylord is quite an impressive place!


Aunt Jenn and Charlie

Judd with Charlie and Campbell

All four cousins - we're looking forward
to the fifth's arrival in January!

The girls - Beau, Charlie, & Bailey

checking out all the sights

You really want me to wear this hat?

"Alamo"

1 comment:

Maroussia said...

It will be great to watch How The Grinch Stole Christmas, i have bought tickets from
http://ticketfront.com/event/How_The_Grinch_Stole_Christmas-tickets looking forward to it.