I know I say this for every month, but I cannot believe Campbell is 20 months old. He's out of the teens and only four months away from being 2! They grow so fast! Campbell is quickly changing from a baby to a little boy. Here's what the little guy is up to at 20 months:
- Up until last week, we were still rocking Campbell to sleep. It was usually Judd's job because Campbell is such a daddy's boy, but on occasion I got to rock my little boy and it was a precious time to just hold him and love on him. By this age, Bailey was going to bed on her own and I knew we should start trying with Campbell. Last Wednesday while Judd was at church, I gave Campbell his stuffed Elmo and his little blanket and had him walk to his crib. All the while, I was saying, "Time to go night-night." Campbell responded by saying, "Night-night" over and over. I picked him up, gave him a kiss, told him night-night one more time, and put him in his crib. Then I turned around and walked out the door. Campbell cried for less than 10 seconds then went to sleep. We've done it every night since with great success.
- Have I mentioned that he is obsessed with Elmo? I mean obsessed! Elmo has replaced "Daddy" as his favorite word. Sesame Street is his favorite show, especially episodes that feature Elmo in the main story line. He can sing the theme song to "Elmo's World." You know, "La-la-la-la, La-la-la-la Elmo's World!" We got Bailey the TMX Elmo in 2006 when it came out. It was THE thing that year so it was hard to find in stores. We got ours on e-bay and paid double what it was worth. She never played with it. Never. We almost donated it or put in the garage sale pile several times, but I just couldn't part with it knowing how much we spent on it. Well, it was worth holding on to because Campbell LOVES it! He totes that thing around everywhere! It's big and bulky so we had to get him a soft plush Elmo that would be easier to carry around. He has an Elmo toothbrush and brushes his teeth multiple times a day, while saying, "Elmo!" Actually, it sounds like "Mel-mo." I wonder how long this obsession will last...
- He LOVES fruits. He eats a banana for breakfast almost every morning. Don't cut it for him or he will be highly offended! He also loves apples and oranges, but calls both apples.
- We found out why he isn't always interested in dinner. His teacher told me that he has multiple helpings at lunch! One day she said he had three helpings of chili and was the only one in the class that would eat cornbread. That's my boy!
- His vocabulary improves more and more every day. He mimicks us all the time. He has even started to boss his big sister around! The other day he said, "Quit, A-yee" (That's what he calls Bailey.)
Go Cowboys!





No comments:
Post a Comment