Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Beth

About a year ago the children's pastor at our home church was diagnosed with cancer. Pancreatic cancer. Almost immediately, friends, family, and even strangers rallied together to pray for Beth. They called themselves "Team Beth" and committed to walk this journey with the James family and cover them in prayer. Along the way, there were little victories. Doctors were amazed when Beth's tumor decreased in size. Team Beth knew the true Healer was at work. Beth and her husband Dave recorded their journey on a blog titled "So the Power of God Can Be Seen." Their faith never wavered. They saw God's hand in every part of Beth's treatment and called on Team Beth to "pester" our Father in prayer. In the last few months there were little set-backs. But at the same time she had been accepted to participate in a clinical trial. All the while, both Beth and Dave demonstrated faith. Beth was suddenly and without warning put on hospice on Tuesday. Team Beth hit their knees in prayer for this woman of God to be healed. He had other plans though and Beth passed away on Saturday evening. This week as Judd and I talked about Beth, I told him that I just don't understand why God would take such a saint. Why Beth? Of all people, why Beth? She has touched sooooo many children's lives in Kaufman county. I'll never know why, but I trust that God's plan is perfect and that He will receive much glory from her death. I know my life has been impacted by hers...

Please join me in praying for Dave and their children Brian and Emily.

No comments: