Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Break Recap

Another Spring Break has come and gone. We had a good one. My parents came into town last weekend to help us celebrate the beginning of SB! We hadn't seen them since Christmas, so the kids were especially excited to see Maw-Maw and Pop. We made Weight Watchers-friendly- tacos (lean ground beef, baked tostada shells, reduced fat cheese, fat free sour cream, etc.) on Friday night and the kids stayed up past their bedtime (this became a trend for the week.) On Saturday, I did a lot of running around getting ready for a baby shower that I had at our house on Sunday afternoon. The kids went to the park with Maw-Maw and Pop and then we all went to Oathie's for dinner. On Sunday morning, the kids left with my parents. I cleaned the house and put the last-minute touches on the shower. By Sunday evening, I was pooped. The house was strangely quiet and clean though!

The dining room table for the shower - I forgot to take another picture after other people brought more stuff.

My new addiction: S'mores on a Stick - so easy and so yummy!

Judd and I had a few days to ourselves so on Monday we did some clothes shopping (we both got some new clothes and I got new running shoes!) and we went to the Cheesecake Factory. We were going to go to a movie, but nothing struck us as something we had to see. So we went home and rented one from Red Box instead! On Tuesday, Judd went to work and I did some organzing around the house. I also took a nap. Hallelujah! On Wednesday, I got up early and spent the morning at Starbucks to catch up on my Bible Study homework. The ladies at our church are doing Beth Moore's A Woman's Heart God's Dwelling Place. It is amazing! I spent the afternoon hanging out with Rachel at her house. That evening, Judd had to pick up his computer at the mall so we ate dinner at Double Dave's on the way... love me some pepperoni rolls, which are not Weight Watcher friendly, by the way!

While the kids were gone, they got to ride the train! My parents took them on the DART rail. They took a picnic lunch and stopped at a park to eat lunch and play. They also got to go to Chuck E Cheese, "swim" in the hot tub, and visit with Uncle Kenny and Aunt Meike. On Wednesday, the kids went to Nonnie and Bubba's house where they got to visit with Ma, Grandaddy, Aunt Calie and Uncle Matt, and their cousins!

Nonnie and Bubba brought the kids home on Thursday. We were so glad to see them, although I'm not quiet sure they were ready to come home. We went to dinner that night at Repkas, a hole-in-the-wall Cajun place in the middle of nowhere. On Friday morning we took out a dead tree from the corner of our yard. It had to go, but now there's a big metal power box that is exposed for all to see. If the tree/bush doesn't grow back we'll have to think of something else to plant back there. It's an awful sight. The kids spent the day playing in the yard. We even brought out the water hose. The water was cold, but they didn't care! Judd got a new grill so he and Bubba grilled chicken, asparagus, portobello mushrooms, and onions for dinner. Delicious!

The hideous box in our yard - we've got to do something about that!

Playing with the waterhose...Brrr!

Bailey and Campbell gave Nonnie and I foot baths!


On Saturday, we did some more work in the yard. We got some concrete blocks to put underneath the kids' playhouse. Judd was tired of moving it everytime he mowed and the kids weren't playing with it much because of the grass. They should enjoy it more now with the nice concrete floor! We also extended our patio a bit with bricks to house the grill. Our patio is teeny tiny so there wasn't enough room from our table, chairs, and the grill. To finish it all off, we got a new umbrella for our patio furninture. Judd is really enjoying the new grill and did some deer sausage (thanks, Cody), zucchini, and onions for dinner that night.


Since taking this picture Judd took up all the bricks, dug up the grass, leveled the ground, and replaced the bricks. Talk about dedication!

If you are still reading...we all had a great week, but we ate too much and spent too much money! We have gotten used to going to bed late every night and sleeping late every morning. We need to go back to school/work to get back into our routine!

No comments: